Monday, August 3, 2009

Bento #7 Baikinman挑戦!

The order of the photos are a bit haywired. But anyway...

The gangster looking so fierce, devouring his baikinman. He didnt like the seaweed part so only ate the rest.


Friday night, bugger slept early at about 9.40pm so though i was rather run-down myself, I got up flipped thru the bento book, wondering wat i shld do this time. Sat's lunch/dinner is usually out so I thot it might be nice to do breakfast for the kids. I took abt 1 hr pluswith the ingredients preparation, cutting, moulding etc. What killed me was the seaweed strips for Baikinman's teeth. The strips were like so fragile and curled up so easily that it made me all sweaty trying not to mess them up with my cumbersome fingers. I finished the preps abt 11pm and totally crashed after that. Hey, bento-making does take a lot of concentration ok??

Here is the princess's breakfast bento, which had no theme whatsoever. Just a bunny, since she doesnt really know anyway.



And presenting...Baikinman for the lil gangster!
Ingredients: Seaweed for head, ears, eyes and teeth, fish sausage for eyes, star cheese for nose, crabmeat for nose (it should've been slightly more tilted downwards for this part)
Filling: strawberry jam again...

In the morning, I spent another hour decorating and laying out the ingredients on the bread, arranging etc. So the kids finally ate about 8+ am. I feel like I'm really so slow... I really REALLY need those dam seaweed cutters to save me all the hassle. And also more bento boxes! Still waiting for Shinkansen, Melody and Elmo ones to come in stock. hehe...








No comments:

Post a Comment