Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sumptious sushi spread for my birthday!

Time flies. Much as I dread it, I turned 33 on Sat 8th Aug.

A day before, inlaws gave me an unexpected & pleasant surprise as they turned up at the door with much yummy food: nuo mi fan, fried noodles, herbal chicken, cereal prawns. Mil had already told maid not to cook anything the day before & I didnt know anything about it! Am really quite touched by their gesture.

The surprise mini cakes Mil got for me. Ks held the doraemon one while the Melody one was balancing dangerously (and got a bit smashed too) on both of Rn's little palms. Sang the birthday song to me too. Mil also did a handmade birthday card with Ks which he did some colouring and writing. How sweet...


Dinner on 8 Aug at parents place:
Mum made sushi, inari zushi, miso soup, karaage chicken. Dad & I did a quick stop at Meidiya to pick up 3 sashimi platters to 加料.




Ks's 1st try at sushi & inari zushi (sweetened beancurd skin with stuffed vinegar rice)
and he loved it! He whacked about 4 sushi & 1 inari.


2 comments:

  1. the cakes are so cute! i saw them downstairs of our office too.

    but..aren't they too nice to be eaten?..@@

    and..I...I love the sushi you mother made!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya too nice to be eaten. Thats why must take many photos then only devour them! haha..

    ReplyDelete