Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bento #9 Cheesy car with salmon mayo

After getting some new tools from Daiso, I was eager to use them so since i bought some ciabatta bread from Giant at Vivo, I decided to make a simple sandwich for breakfast for the family.
Now, I have no idea why this photo is tilted cos it appears normal when I didnt attach it here. Anyway, this is hubb's take-away breakfast which I prepared and kept in the fridge last night.



Ciabatta bread with luncheon meat & lettuce filling. Heart-shaped smoked cheese with bear-shaped seaweed (too eager to use my new daiso puncher!)
Also threw in a not-so-hardboiled egg moulded with bear shape. Not quite visible due to bad lighting and also it turned out soft-boiled and not hard-boiled..oops!


This was for the kids. Their filling was salmon mayo. Did a cheese car with 2 types of cheese, ham and seaweed. Can you see the bunny shape from this egg? Sad to say, this set wasn't a hit with them! Nana ate slightly less than half of the sandwich with the cheese untouched. (the fussy princess shook her head adamantly, muttering "Cheese 不要, cheese不要" So I cleaned it up for her.
Ken ate slightly more than half. I figured they're not quite into mushy stuff like egg or mayo with bread. I did a egg mayo few times with them and it got the same response.


See my new luncheon mat? So sweet, dont you think? I only got 2..the other one is also gorgeous..strawberry.
I've been doing too much bread lately..I really should attempt more main dishes such as rice/noodles/pasta etc. But no time..no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment