Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New tools from Daiso & new friends made!


My new bento tools from Daiso! 2nd trip there in 2 weeks...ohh gosh. I kinda swept thru every single corner of Daiso, hunting for luncheon mats, cake moulds, punchers, rolling pin (intend to make a swissroll bread with jam filling with this). Also got a coupla rice bowls with cute car, bunny cartoons for the kids and a bigger kid (myself), hee. Splurged $42...2 weeks ago was $40. See, thing is I'm really a lover of beautiful cute stuff and a sucker for lovely packaging. Not too sure about how Daiso's quality is like but anyhow so far so good.

















The lil gangster insisted on having his sharkie in the pic as I was taking this photo, so his hand got in as well.

It's also uncanny how bento-making (or should I give the credit to the wonderful creation of Internet) brings people together. I started my browsing at Daiso looking out for those stuff I mentioned earlier, skipping those I didnt need..and I noticed how 2 other young ladies were always near me and looking at the same stuff. I must say we have the same taste too! Esp in the choice of lunch mats, barans, moulds etc. I mean, Daiso is rather big there right..so why am I like always bumping into them?? I finally decided to open my mouth at the craft cutter area with one of them. I said," are you like into bento-making or something? Cos i noticed the things u are buying are same as mine!" And thereafter, a brief and pleasant conversation was exchanged and yes guess what, they're also following the same bento blog that I had been reading the past 1 month! Now how coincidental is that? So there we are, all starting out in bento-making and they were gonna do something on thursday night. I noted down their email addresses and hopefully will be able to keep in touch. It's nice how friendships are formed just like that. My very rare visit to Daiso at Vivo landed me with some new friends when it's least expected!
Good luck with your 1st bento, girls!


2 comments:

  1. Wow~~new nice Bento box~~must utilize them and make more nice Bento~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thks stla! didnt know it was you, till saw ur blog add. hee.

    ReplyDelete