Friday, August 7, 2009

Bento #11 A pinky Anpanman

This is actually my 2nd time at Anpanman. The 1st done 1 mth back is too ugly to be posted cos its just bread and ham & cheese. Photograph turned out badly blurred too. This took me an hr still ( i had hoped that I could cut down on time since I only had to prepare Anpanman's face). Fried noodles & sausages by my dad was at the bottom, star-shaped carrots prepared and stored in freezer last night & leftover chicken katsu fillets stored in freezer. Anpanman was made of egg, seaweed eyes & brows (maid did a great job cutting them out for me), ham cheeks, kamaboko nose & mouth. What 'dya think? I was quite pleased with myself actually, hee..cos it does resemble Anpanman, doesnt it??
I had no round-shaped moulds yet so I used an ikea plastic cup base to cut out the egg face. And for the nose & cheeks, I didnt have any moulds again, so I used a little round-based medicine container belonging to Ks to press out the shape. Thoroughly washed prior to using it, not to worry about hygiene ya...

This is Nana's bento, she's got 2 flower carrots. The eyes & brows are nicer & more even here cos this was the 2nd one made.


This is Ks's bento, he's got 3 star carrots and more chicken katsu as he's a bigger eater than meimei.


Hmm...at the end if it, I realised there are no greens in this bento so I threw in the cherry tomatoes (and of cos they were left untouched!) for decor purpose & just to fill in the gaps.
Next time I'll steam some broccoli or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment