Monday, August 31, 2009

Bento #27 Shokupanman

Finally after more than 10 days, my 2 new bento boxes arrived on friday. Now these 2 were extremely hard to get, even online cos they were always OOS. Showed Rn the minnie one and she knew it was 'mimi mouse'. I also got hold of the 2 bento mags from kino. The right one was ordered in from japan cos kino didnt have it so I placed an order. It's the No. 1 bento blogbook!

So, anyway, I couldnt wait to use the new boxes. And being Sat since i was stuck at home (Ks was down with high fever), I spent about 1.5hrs fixing their lunch. Most of the time was spent on the faces and seaweed again. I also tried out quail eggs with them, which were totally unpopular with them. How can they not like quail eggs?? so yummy..dont know how to enjoy, hmmph.
The problem with having bentos for the kids is that they dont get to have their dose of green. So this time, I made sure they got it by chopping broccoli finely and mixing in together with the pork mince patty. I think i went kinda overboard with the seasoning of patty: soyasauce, mirin, miso, ikan bilis powder, dashi powder, that it turned out a wee bit salty. But its fine to go with plain rice i guess.

This is Rn's bento. Sadly, she didnt finish much of it, either not hungry or just didnt like it. She left almost half of it. Recently, she's been really restless at mealtimes. Hard to feed and also hard to put her to sleep too. She can't seem to keep her butt onto the seat and likes to wander around fiddling with toys or just taking a stroll to the master room etc. I sure hope it's another one of those unpleasant phases that all kids go thru!

Ks's bento. He ate up almost everything and I'm surprised as I thot he would have a hard time swallowing, maybe a lil dry for him since he was also coughing. Added in his fav mayo too.


Oh, forgot to mention that shokupanman is another one of the many characters in Anpanman series. 食パンマン actually means toast bread man. See the lil figurine at the top of the bento? He looks like a toast, right?
Hmm...now that I think about it, I've tried Anpanman, Baikinman, Horaman & now Shokupanman. The next quite popular one is Currypanman...his mouth is a killer though..all twirly. Next time maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment