Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bento #17 Ham rolls & Bento #18 Horaman omusubi

Used ham instead of the usual jam this time. Colour turned out nice but kids didnt really like ham. Only had abt 2 rolls each.So I cleaned up after them, as usual...
As you can see, I couldnt wait but use the new baran & placemats from Daiso.



Lunch bento:
My 1st attempt (and last too!) at Horaman. Horaman is a skeleton man, one of the many characters in Anpanman series. I think he's the scariest looking one cos the rest are all cute-faced characters. I made him today cos for some strange reason, Nana loves him! She keeps looking for him and holding him in her palm. You think Horaman is cute? Ks knows him as well, so I made 2 Horaman (with grateful help from maid). I spent the most time on this bento so far..almost 2 freakin hours this morning! You know wat killed me...the freehand nori cutting of course! Making the onigiri riceball is also rather challenging cos I had to squeeze it really tight in the palm, and even then you can see that it's almost falling apart. Looks like even aussie rice cant work as well as Jap sticky rice.

This is Ks's bento.
I used nori paste as the onigiri filling inside, so you can see that the rice is not totally white but a lil blackish. As for the other smiley face with crabmeat head, it's not any character, just a sweet faced onigiri.
This is Nana's bento. I sure hope she recognises Horaman or else all the effort is wasted!



So there you are.
Probably the 1st and last time I'm making Horaman.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, looking at yr creations, I really can't wait to make a dash to daiso myself!! Unfortunately i dont think they carry the 'face' type of nori punchers! drats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey pam, its ok..i'm passing u some cut faces later ya? But they're painfully small so rather hard to pick up. And ur carla punchers are on the way too so bear with it for a while more ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the funny faces~~so amusing^^

    ReplyDelete