Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bento #6 Hello Kitty with polkadot!

It's Hello Kitty Time again!

It's another mad rush for me this morning after putting Rn to sleep at 10.15am. Had an hour or so, so quickly got to work. Realised I am still very slow and waste a lot of thinking about what tools to use or how to cut etc. Parents made fried beehoon for the big one already so I fried rice for our own lunch and Rn's.

I was actually planning to make Anpanman for him, a nicer one this time. But again, lack of round-shaped tool so dropped the idea. Decided to make life easier for myself, so made same as meimei. Cheese as the face, kamaboko for ribbon and eyes and whiskers were seaweed.

I made this first. This is Ks's new Tomika bento: notice the whiskers are grossly thicker. haha.



This is Rn's bento. I learnt from my mistake and this time, I thinned the whiskers and it turned out nicer, dont you think? But then I lost 1 of the seaweed eye, so had to ask maid to help cut out one (I had to rush to shower for work) for me, and she did, but a tad smaller. so this poor kitty looked like she has 大小眼. haha... I really need to get my hands on some seaweed cutter or else cutting with scissors are really tricky and time-consuming, and just dont do a good job. I also threw in some fish sausage, the kids' favorite, just for decor. And the butterhead lettuce at the bottom were for decor purpose too, they wouldnt touch it I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment