Monday, January 31, 2011

Chocolate chip cookie


Decided to be adventurous and after sending the pandan to the oven, we prepared the batter to make chocolate chip cookies. My first attempt. It was pretty easy and fuss free. Didnt have to cut out the shapes or anything, so just had to drop spoonfuls onto the tray. I didnt really bother adjusting the shapes of the cookie batter or anything, they seemed to turn out alright in shapes, just that sizes not really standardised.

I got the recipe online, cant remember which website. Cos i had it printed out and filed into my recipe folder.


The first batter that went into the oven. I reduced the sugar by 30g so it wasnt too sweet.



The 2nd tray. Each tray could fill about 16 cookies. I did a total of 4 and a half trays.

Means about 70 cookies?


Recipe stated 10mins in the oven, but mine took about 20mins or so. Batter still looked wet after 10mins. Each time i peered into the oven to check on them, they just keep growing and growing in size! I must have added too much baking powder? They were like close to touching each other. The batter was like 50cents coin size when prepared..but they grew more than double.




The was the last tray. Some looked like squares, some circles. haha.



In 2hrs, me and maid finished baking pandan and cookies. I can't wait to bake a proper pandan chiffon cake again. Feel very bu gan yuan about it... Am gonna try till I can churn out one.

No comments:

Post a Comment